Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ahhhh, beautiful weather returns to Chicago

The weather is great today with highs in the 70's. For the first time in 5 to 6 months, I'm able to wear around a short sleeve shirt. It's also making me painfully aware of how white I am. :-)

Yesterday, after physical therapy, I hit the gym to do some more weightlifting in addition to exercises I was doing in my session. For the first time in memory, I completely ran out of gas on the eliptical and lifted weights until I just couldn't do any more. It wasn't a great feeling as I thought I should do more of both, but it also wasn't as bad as I would have thought. Maybe I need to position lunch between my therapy session and the gym.

The Chicago Blackhawks are struggling. Ugh. They've lost 3 in a row and have been brutal since the Olympic break, when we sent more players than any other team to Vancouver. But the problem isn't being tired. It's the defense. We lost one defenseman to a broken clavicle when he got hit by a cheap shot. Another one has missed 8 games with an "upper body injury". That means we've had to bring up two relatively inexperienced players to take their place. When a third defenseman went down with a leg injury, we moved one of our forwards back to help on defense. The defense was the key to our winning for the entire season and now we're hurting in a big way. Sadly I don't see much room for optimism in the situation. Until this veteran defenseman comes back, we are going to struggle. Hopefully it won't be too late.


1 comment:

terri said...

I've also got a seriously bad case of winter pale going on. I'm actually considering a few sessions at the fake bake.