Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day of wandering around

Just some quick notes as it's after midnight here on Friday morning.

LL was still working today, so after sleeping in, I headed out on my own for the day. Starbucks coffee and a low fat muffin to go, $9. Yikes.

Good fun walking around and taking lots of pictures. I made the public transit system my bitch already and took a water ferry 3 or 4 times across the lake. Good stuff. Already bought some chocolate, mmmmmmm.

Lunch was a highly recommended pizza place and also on the "low budget" Wikapedia Travel site. Dandy! Menu in French, sole server only speaks French, so Joe ends up with a pizza with pesto, some kind of salami and some kind of squash or cucumber on it. Odd. But it was delicious! I ate the whole thing. Cost? With water, it was $30. Yeah, freaking crazy I know, and that was the LOW BUDGET option. It gets ugly fast in this town let me tell you.

More over the weekend I'm guessing. I can't upload pictures, so those will have to wait until Monday's entry.

3 comments:

terri said...

Oh my gosh, you could go broke eating there! But that pizza does sound really interesting. You know you can't get one of those here, so I'm glad you enjoyed it.

el supremo de nm said...

Joe going French - Oh you francophile you.

alexis said...

wow, I had no idea it was so expensive there! And it's not the exchange rate either huh?