Sunday, March 14, 2010

Short Changed

Today is one of the worst days of the year in my opinion. It's not because of anything in particular that happened, though the Blackhawks losing 4-3 after having a 3 goal lead through two periods didn't help. No, it's that whole time change thing that gets me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the fall back portion of daylight savings, but the spring ahead side of it kills me. It's only an hour, but it screws up my entire day. Even as I write, it's 10 o'clock and it feels much earlier.

The last few days, and sporadically prior to that, I've spent a lot of time thinking about things related to my trip to Switzerland with LL. She's on the flight right now in fact, if you read this in the next 8 hours or so. Since I'll be on my own for one day and we'll be hanging out for two days together, we don't have a ton of time to see what we should/want to see. There are the obvious things like the big fountain on the lake and the flower clock in addition to old town. We'll see what we end up touring. It might just be that, a tour. Either way, it's going to be pretty relaxed. They just opened up a tram that goes up a mountain that would be fun. It's only open on weekends now, but when it's warmer, it will be open every day. I imagine the views from there are unbelievable. We'll see!!

2 comments:

terri said...

I was wide awake this morning, a good 45 minutes ahead of when I had to be. I'm going to blame the time change, even though it makes no sense whatsoever.

I hope you're able to squeeze in some good site-seeing in the short amount of time you have. Looking forward to pictures.

alexis said...

can't wait to see the pictures from CH! We spring forward at the end of hte month I believe, so I'll let you know how it goes :)