Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Ahead

For those of you who roll their eyes when I talk about the hicks in south, I offer further evidence of Americans who have yet to evolve.

Over the last few months, I feel my entries have been less.....substantial. Clearly not every day is going to be a novel or wonderful piece of writing, but it's clearly been slipping. My blog is more of an online journal of what I'm thinking on any given day as well as a documentation of what I've been doing. It seems that I've been doing more of the later and less of the former. Why, I ask myself? A good portion of the reason is, I think, that I often don't write my blog until after 11:00 at night, just before bed. Like most people, I'd bet my brain function isn't at full tilt just before going to bed. So I'm going to make a concerted effort to write before dinner. When I look back years from now, I think I'll be happier with the results.

Julius Peppers, the new Bears free agent, has taken #90. Who is your favorite Bears #90 of the past? Al Harris? Joey LaRocque? Alonzo Spellman? Jarron Gilbert? Antonio Garay? No threat of retiring THAT number.

4 comments:

Bee said...

Ok not to change the subject of your blog..but not a word about Merlin Olsen??? He was a truly great human being and that says something...

terri said...

I can't believe the school district will call off the prom. Crazy. Ridiculous. Around here, kids don't even have to have dates to go to the prom. They can go in groups of friends or with a date. Whatever. If the Fulton district did the same, they wouldn't even have to "know" that two girls were there together as dates. How stupid.

I sometimes feel like my writing is lacking as compared to other times. I definitely do better when I'm awake, energetic, and not feeling pressured to get something in writing. I hope the change helps you to feel there's an improvement, though I haven't thought any of your writing was lacking at all.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yes he was Bee. Merlin starred as an athlete and an actor. He always seemed like a really good guy.

Thanks for the kind words Terri!

el supremo de nm said...

There are a lot of reasons for blogging. Just keeping a log for yourself is valuable. Providing communication for your cadre of friends on contacts is valuable. It's not a writing competition, unless of course you want it.