Friday, March 19, 2010

A Fine Day in Geneva

Another beautiful day weather-wise here in Geneva. LL and I took the water taxis back and forth across the lake in order to save walking a few more blocks than necessary since it was so nice on the water (where it could be a bit chilly I imagine). The highlights of the day were the big fountain and climbing the very narrow towers in St. Peter's Cathedral. Awesome, awesome views and I was able to post a picture to my facebook page. It and the rest will get posted upon my return.

Again we had Italian style pizza, which you actually CAN'T get in the U.S. to my knowledge, certainly nowhere that I've seen. LL didn't get to go there yesterday, so we went back for her to try it. Turns out my pizza from yesterday had squash on it, not cucumber. Not bad.

We started the day by moving hotels, leaving the Beau-Rivage at $575 a night to the much more affordable Hotel Tiffany. The rooms are little different, maybe a little bigger at BR, but certainly not worth 2x+ the price. For dinner we went to a place called The Pigs Foot in English, and they actually had a pigs trotter dish, but we couldn't do it. At $30+ a plate, we couldn't bring ourselves to try it. I had chicken stuffed with prunes and duck liver while LL had a duck dish (a l'orange?).

Afterwards we headed back down to the Mollard Square where a nice pub is which we visited yesterday too. In a foreign land and already settling into a routine. Sweet.

Tomorrow, weather permitted, we're going to take a bus to the France border and then a cable car up the side of a mountain. Should be fun!!!

3 comments:

terri said...

Sounds really beautiful. I'm looking forward to your pictures.

el supremo de nm said...

Awesome Joe. Look at you - chicken with prunes and foie gras! You're a freakin' epicurean.

I'm really glad you're enjoying it so much. Give my best to LL.

alexis said...

sounds great - can't wait to see all the photos!