Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Step Up Foodies and Family members

LL was over tonight after she went to Whole Paycheck to pickup some dinner for me to cook (which I had offered to do). At the end of the evening when I was putting things into the dishwasher, she said "Maybe you should clean your spoon rest." Spoon rest? What the hell's a spoon rest? Oh, that thing. That's a....a....um...wtf...what's it called? "A spoon rest." No it isn't. It's a....a.....errr...c'mon.... Wait, I'm going to call my folks. They'll know what it's called.

After a brief description to my father, who relayed it to my mother, they both responded, "Spoon rest." NO!!! It's called something else. WTH!!!

So now I'm in search of another name for spoon rests and even Googled "spoon rest AKA", but came up with nothing. Help me out people. What's another name for it?

On a completely unrelated note, some time ago I installed a site tracker on my blog that allows me to see general info about people visiting the site. Though I can't see who is reading, I do get the city, duration and also how people found my site. Here are some recent phrases that led people to my blog:

Rainbow afro guy (as well as "wig" guy and John 3:16 guy) (over 30 in the last two months!)
Bears in the shower
Full court french press
Joe a palooza
Derivation of Towhead

Interesting. I didn't know there was such an interest in Rollen Stewart. And I REALLY want to know why someone is searching on "bears in the shower".

4 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Uhhh - I just use a plate.

alexis said...

the best way to find out is to google the phrases yourself

stef said...

see- keywords are fun! And uh- I've always called it a spoon rest.

terri said...

Sorry... I've never heard it called anything other than "spoon rest."