Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Mr. One Arm

Out of the blue today I decided to try some things with just my left hand, since after surgery I'll be in a sling for six weeks. It was pretty frustrating, let me tell you. I was in the shower before I thought of undertaking the exercise and even do that was difficult. Getting shampoo out of the bottle with one hand was tough. Lathering under my left arm was basically impossible. Drying off was no piece of cake either. Ugh. It's going to be a tough six weeks.

Very busy this week with softball Tuesday, fantasy football draft on Wednesday, Bears game on Thursday then we drive to St. Louis on Friday for a weekend softball tournament, one of the biggest of the year. All of this while LL is moving apartments. It's going to be a busy few days.

6 comments:

alexis said...

I think LL can help with a lot of these tasks, can't she?? ;)

Erci H. said...

My wife had hip surgery 2.5 weeks ago, and still has another 3.5 weeks on crutches.

She is not a happy camper!

terri said...

Look on the bright side. Being without the use of your right arm and hand is a perfect excuse to enlist some help... particularly in the shower. I'm sure you know someone who'd be willing to assist! ;-)

el supremo de nm said...

Terri - there is NO WAY IN HELL that I'm getting involved with anything having to do with Joe and bathing.

Oh, you meant LL :(

Never mind.

stef said...

You are smart to start practicing now!

DogBrian said...

You can make it through the six weeks. Stop thinking about how hard it's going to be and start figuring out ways to adjust. You are a problem solver. Buy a hand held shower head. Get a dispenser for soap and shampoo.