Sunday, September 27, 2009

The leaves, they are a'falling.

Though the leaves have been coming down in dribs and drabs, today the wind was blowing a little bit and I became acutely aware of how many leaves were out in the street and on the sidewalk. Of course that means cooler temps are right around the corner....something I'm not too excited about. The start of football season and end of baseball season probably should have been indicators as well. It's just not a fun time of year for someone who loves to play softball and golf.

So what to do? Well, plan a trip to Mexico!! And so I have. LL and I are going to head to Akumal for a week in October and enjoy one last bit of fun and sun. There's also a chance that I might push off the surgery for another week and go to Vegas with the softball team for a Fall/Winter world series in early November. Plus I have three golf outings left this year, so there's still fun to be had!!

After running the 5k yesterday and hanging with LL's family, I was a bit tired today and mostly hung out around the house. My church was having their Oktoberfest though, so I did go have lunch there. With the Bears playing, I headed out to meet JC at a bar to watch the first half. The game was too close, so I came home to watch the rest of the game with my trusty Tivo for rewinding plays. The Bears won, so it's all good.

Out on Broadway, the area was putting on an art festival of sorts. The only real thing of interest to me was how a landscaper opted to landscape both sides of the street. All of her work is in the actual street. She didn't go up on the sidewalk at all. Pictures are below. Pretty cool!!

5 comments:

alexis said...

good lord, if that is a day of slacking i hate to see what a regular day is!

terri said...

Your church was having Oktoberfest and you went out to meet JC at a bar... so of course, my mind immediately pictured you and Jesus Christ having a beer together.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I did laundry and my taxes too Alexis. It was a busier day than I thought!

JC would totally be a beer drinker in this day and age Terri. I actually thought people would think that while I was writing it. JC are the initials for my buddy John though.

stef said...

Mexico sounds delightful. I was invited to a wedding there at the end of the month. but what with my impending bambino and all... Have a margarita for me!

el supremo de nm said...

Wait a minute - it was a close game with the Bears and you stop so you can watch it at home on TIVO ?????