Wednesday, February 04, 2009

New Burger Joint

I'm not even sure what to say about this story, but it seems like Mexico has a long way to go before they can join the rest of the world with stuff like this going on.

Today I headed out to see the folks and drop off my mother's Christmas gift which finally arrived (or at least an undamaged one did). In addition to taking them to lunch (see below), we hit the firing range! Good fun. We shot a .22 and a .38/.357. The latter is a gun that will take EITHER .38 or .357 bullets. Nice concept. Quite the kick though. The .22 is nice with a 10 shot clip and pretty smooth firing. My FOID card was employed!!

For lunch, we hit this spot:






Yep, a new burger joint in the 'ville. It smacks of Five Guys, so I was pretty excited.








Here's the menu, which for some reason rotated all on it's own. I have it saved as not rotated, but it seems to have a mind of its own. Reasonably priced fare I would say.
























Here is the traditional Meat Head burger. It looked good and my pop ate it, so that's good. He thought the bun should be bigger though.











The top of my Hawaiian Burger, but with cheddar cheese instead of pepper jack. That's bacon and barbecue sauce. A good start.











The underbelly of the beast. Jalapeno's and pineapple. Unfortunately, the pineapple wasn't very flavorful....a bit disappointing.

5 comments:

alexis said...

I find the drug problems in Mexico really frightening, if only because Mexico is our neighbor.

Don't suppose they do veggie burgers at that joint do they? No? Good, I can stop lusting now.

Anonymous said...

You do know they opened a Five Guys on Clybourn, near Webster, right?

I went there last week. Idaho Falls potatoes.

stef said...

I'm afraid the burger has never really inticed me. Hawaiian flavorings sound good in concept though- too bad about the execution!

Desiree said...

Those burgers look great -- can't wait to try Five Guys when I get back. About the drug stuff... drug wars have been happening in Mexico for a really long time, and an indirect result of U.S. drug policy. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/24012731/the_war_next_door

Anonymous said...

Hmm, you haven't tried The Counter on Diversey near Clark. It's a build your own burger place and they have sweet potato fries and floats.

As for Mexico, I have a friend there working undercover with the FBI and he thinks a war between the U.S. and Mexico is looming due to all the drug corruption.