Friday, February 13, 2009

Movies and such

Ok, if you haven't seen the Joaquin Phoenix interview on Letterman, you HAVE to watch it. Here's the link. Some seriously funny stuff going on. I've never been a huge fan of any of the Phoenix's, though I'll be headed to Phoenix in two weeks, so if he's going off the deep end I really don't think there's a huge loss to the planet. Call callous or whatever, but that's how I feel.

It was a weird Friday, even for me. I decided to go through some shows I Tivoed which included watching Black Snake Moan and Frosty Returns. It was like having beer and a milkshake. Very odd. Both were good though!! Brian Doyle Murray does the evil character's voice (Mr. Twitchell) in Frosty Returns. A little bit of trivia, I spent Easter over at the Murray house one year, which included, among other people, Brian and his mother. Unfortunately Bill didn't make it home that day.

I also watched some hockey and a movie, Transiberian. It was a full evening in front of the boob-tube. I wouldn't have it any other way.

This morning I went to my physical therapist, PT, and it appears that I have an "impingement" in my throwing shoulder, more specifically in one of the rotator cuff muscles. We'll work on rehabbing it and it should be fine for the start of the season, but it might be iffy for the tournament in Arizona in a few weeks. We'll see though.

Things I'm grateful for:
#88 Snopes.com. Anytime you get one of those crazy emails that make outlandish claims about one political party or another or about a tremendous oil find that could remove our dependcy on foreign oil if only big oil would develop it, look it up on Snopes.com before forwarding it to other people. They will separate fact from fiction for you.
#89 Physical therapists. I've used them many, many times over my life and they are almost always super nice and helpful.
#90 Waiters who don't interrupt you while you're having a conversation and wait patiently for you stop talking before asking if you're ready to order or need drinks or whatever. There aren't enough of them in this world.

No comments: