Wednesday, February 15, 2012

V-Day Pictures!

How could I let the big V-Day go undocumented? I couldn't. Despite Terri Terri's entry, SOME people are still romantic and care about Valentine's Day. So here are some pictures of the night, which is the restaurant we went to for our first and third Valentine's Day dinner. We went elsewhere for the second one and weren't all that thrilled.




Yes, it's a swanky restaurant and just two blocks away!



















They don't have a permanent menu, I think it changes weekly, so having a custom one for Valentine's Day is normal.















Here's my beautiful date who I forced to stand in front of roses for a pre-meal picture. Sooooo pretty! You can't see her earrings which were great as well.















The menu from which we chose our delicious meals. It was prix fixe so we had an appetizer, entree and dessert.














We both opted for the tuna carpaccio, which was delicious.













For the second big meal out, I opted for the braised short ribs and for the second big meal in a row, I was shocked at the lack of actual meat with the dish. LL ordered the duck and had a generous portion. Odd.














And for dessert, a nice little sponge cake with berry ream topping and a chocolate dipped strawberry. Not bad, but not great.

Overall, a wonderful night out with my valentine, but the food was a bit of a let down this year (LL's duck was great and what there was of my ribs was good as well) so we'll see about maybe trying another place next year.

2 comments:

terri said...

So I'm not a newlywed and all ga-ga over my spouse on a daily basis! ;-) So sue me!

I'm glad you had such a nice night out with your lovely bride. Far be it from me to expect everyone to adopt my cynical attitude. :-)

alexis said...

I also love the top LL is wearing! You guys are adorable :)