Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy President's Day!!

A day off here, or partial for me at least, so I extended my weekend by another day. And a busy weekend it was!!

As I mentioned, I had a flat tire on Friday, which though I inflated it, was flat again Saturday morning. Fortunately, since I bought my tires at Pep Boys, there fixed it for free! Nice. Since I had wanted to get an oil change last week anyway, I had them do that while they had the car up on the rack. Everything went smoothly and the car was ready to go for my trip to the burbs on Saturday night.

Sunday was card picking day at my parents' house. We do this every year: get the family together and vote on the best card my parents receive for Christmas that year. The winner is often a card purchased from the National Wildlife Organization or the National Wildlife Federation, with probably 5 or 6 winners so far. The winning card is framed and gets hung in the hallway of my parents' house. Even though the card we sent this year was clearly the best, it had 7 pictures from our wedding on it, it was disqualified for having writing on the front, a risk I knew when creating the card.

The final two cards, both NWF cards, were from each of my sisters. I didn't know for SURE that they were from them, but I had little doubt. As it turned out, I was right and both were from my sisters. It was a close vote and I believe the winner this year was my sister Lori with a cute bear cub card.

Winter Play Card
Here's the winner




Christmas Puppy Card
And here's the runner up. Both good cards.

3 comments:

alexis said...

DUDE - those are seriously cute cards.

terri said...

Awwww... the cuteness! But how can you and your sisters even be in the running? You know the criteria! You have an edge going in! :-)

Bee said...

I got railroaded, everyone knows puppies are cuter than bear cubs...I think Som voted twice...

LOL!!!!