Thursday, February 09, 2012

No baby from the King Cake yet!

At some point in the future, a movie is going to be made about what is going on in Syria currently. It's absolutely awful and terrifying. Check out just a day or two from this guy who is one of the group being targeted by the government. I really don't know what I can do to help, but when you don't have water or bread AND you're getting bombed or shot at by snipers, it sees like I should be able to help somehow. But how? I don't want to be watching that movie and thinking: "Holy shit, THAT was going on? Where was I?"

Regarding my entry yesterday, yes, I'm fully aware of that a huge ass King Cake is NOT going to help in my weight loss in anyway. But I didn't go out and BUY the cake! It was a gift. Much like the leftover brownies and the pie were gifts for hosting the Super Bowl party. One of the better things to come out of that party was the leftover guacamole, which we've had on burgers the last two nights. Yes, I fired up the grill despite the 30 degree weather the last couple of days and made enough burgers for two dinners. Good eating!! We also realized that if we add this salsa (heavy on the tomatoes and onions) to the guacamole, it's even better! I'm thinking I might make a batch to help get the proportions right so it's ready for the next party or tailgate!

Ran my 3 miles today in just under 32 minutes and I didn't even feel all that great when I started the run. For my day off tomorrow I'm going to hit the batting cages, so SOME exercise, but not real strenuous stuff. Saturday is my first night of dome softball, so I'll actually have two days off and then hit the weights again on Sunday.

3 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Yup guacamole another real low cal addition. By the time I get there in a couple of weeks, you'll have pigged out so much that the only restaurant options are going to be Cabbage King.

alexis said...

god, thank you for sharing that link. I know, I wish there was something we could do. Maybe when governments take action and they need provisions, they will accept donations?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Guac has the good calories! Wait, no that's the good cholesterol or something. All I know is it's not bad for you!