Friday, February 17, 2012

Flat day

Missed posting yesterday as it was a busy, busy day. After a meeting with a client downtown, I went to a routine doctor's appointment and then to the gym (where I benched my max weight 6 times...pretty solid already!). Then came dinner (steaks with blue cheese crust) and the great Thursday night shows along with a Blackhawks' game (started at 6:00). We ended up going to bed at 10 or 10:30, so there wasn't any time to write.

Today I was blessed with a flat tire. Well, I wasn't blessed exactly. In fact, it pissed me off a little because I'm pretty sure it was a valet that ran over something causing the flat. Fortunately, the car was right outside our condo. Unfortunately, not one but two cans of Fix-A-Flat failed to actually work because they were too cold. Damn! So I was going to put on the spare, but of course, the lug nuts were nearly rusted on. So the first thing I did was get some WD-40 on the lug nuts to loosen them up. In the interim, I remembered that I received this really cool emergency battery jumper/outlet/tire inflator for Christmas a year ago. After hooking up the inflator, I flipped it on and amazingly, it started inflating the tire!! It got up to about 30 PSI which is all I needed to get to the Shell around the corner. Once there I filled it up further and was able to drive myself to the gym, fully aware that there was a good chance that the tire would be flat when I came out. After running my 3 miles, I came back out and it was still inflated! We'll see whether it is in the morning or not.

The Dow is closing in on my future headline entry, though I guess it's still about 4% under. Still, progress is being made. The Greece debt debacle has lingered a bit longer than I thought
(I mean really, you're out of money and people are willing to bail you out but you have to cut spending, how hard is that to agree to??). Still, here's a CNNMoney headline today:

Dow at highest point since 2008

3 comments:

alexis said...

while my bike can get a flat, I think it costs quite a bit less hassle to get it fixed.

el supremo de nm said...

Oh sorry to hear about the flat tire. They are so annoying and I can never get the lug nuts loose!

terri said...

I had a flat tire once when the kids were pretty young. A good Samaritan came and helped me get the flat tire off and the spare on. He had to work REALLY hard to get the lug nuts off. I hope I never get another because I won't be able to get it off myself!