Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Long Day of Golf

Today I went golfing for the first time this year in the Chicagoland area. Specifically, it was Evanston Country Club and it is a pretty sweet club. An auditor and accounting buddy invited me and we had a very good time despite my 40 putts out of 86 strokes. I couldn't hit a putt to save my life and I'm not exactly sure why, which doesn't help my frustration. However, I also keep track of shots that "just missed" going in and I had 11 of those, which means I had a chance to score pretty well if the breaks had gone my way (pun intended). They did not though, so it is what it is.

It was a great day for golf though with some humidity and in the low 80's. What was really nice is that my left shoulder and neck didn't bother me at all on my swing. Good stuff! Tomorrow I try it out on the softball field in Naperville.






This is a picture of one of the ceiling fans in the men's locker room. Pretty cool and old-timey. The fan is driven by a belt attached to a rotating spool. I like it.











As of this morning though I wasn't convinced that I don't have rotator cuff tear and still might, but my orthopedic doc wouldn't give me an MRI on the shoulder as he's convinced it's a pinched nerve in the neck and that if I want an MRI for the neck, he'd approve that. So, I guess on this one, I'm going to have to stick out the physical therapy for another week or two and see what happens. Sigh.

3 comments:

alexis said...

ok, had to work around the double negative in that last one. Maybe it's a good thing if the doc is right? I mean in the sense that it's less hassle to treat what the doc thinks you have.

PS, your golf game yesterday should have you feeling very motivated: http://bps-research-digest.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-losing-can-increase-your-chances-of.html

el supremo de nm said...

And playing golf is supposed to help this healing process???

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Absolutely not ESDNM. Ha!

That was a long sentence wasn't it Alexis? And you're right, it's MUCH better if it really is a pinched nerve.