Monday, September 20, 2010

Rat Tails

When last I left you, Basra was rebuilt after being nearly voided of all rat life and the growth was so abundant, that they took up residence in front of my building again. After a week or two of fighting them off, the vermin were beaten back to Basra. The mission in front of me was again obvious, I needed to take the fight to Basra once again.

Down to only one T-Rex due to over-exuberant neighbors, I was well out manned. While I waited for reinforcements to be flown in via Amazon.com (all of the local stores are out of T-Rex's!!!), I opted to step up the poisoning regimen. This time though, instead of using the little rat poison pellets, which do indeed roll into their holes really well, I used what appeared to be more useful bait blocks. They even had little pieces of dried corn pressed into them.

The thing with using poison though is that you rarely get to see if it worked. Last week I found two dead rats out in the open. Success! My efforts had been rewarded. This morning I headed past Basra after baiting again on Friday before I left for softball and was greeted with the following picture:

There are four dead rats in this picture. Can you find them? It should be a place mat game at a Chuck e Cheese.

In total there were five dead rats sitting out in the open. Pretty damn good. So that's about 7-8 in the last two weeks.

I guess the landlord didn't want his tenants to see the corpses as they were gone by the afternoon. Why he doesn't care about the holes themselves is beyond me.

Anyway, it was a good day in Basra.


2 comments:

alexis said...

I wish I hadn't read this post while I was eating lunch.

el supremo de nm said...

To bad there isn't a bounty paid.