Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Back issues

For the last 45 days or so, I've had some lower back pain on my right side. Though I'm not sure how or why the pain started, it's fairly constant, though it does fluctuate in intensity. While the pain isn't debilitating in any way, it does lead me to display the "old man" walk. What's that? When you get up from a chair, grab your lower back, shuffle a few steps and then start walking normally. It's not fun and fairly annoying.

So with two days at home in between softball tournaments, I took a trip to my chiropractor (or Fake Doctor as LL likes to call him). While the adjustment didn't do too much, the stimulus session on my lower back with ice on top really felt good and I walked home feeling pretty good. Then the muscles started to tighten back up and the pain was worse than before for a little while. Eventually the pain evened out to where it was prior to my appointment. It was a promising trip though and it seems like it will help over the long term.

Today I went back and the adjustment was a little more helpful this time. Instead of stim though, I got a full fledge, deep tissue massage. During the massage and stretching it became apparent that my right hamstring was wayyyy too tight and that I needed to stretch more frequently. Message received.

After the massage, I hooked up with T-Rex Tim for a few beers. TT has a 16 month old son and evaluates companies for his company to buy and keeps insane hours, so it was a rarity indeed.

Off to Orlando!

1 comment:

terri said...

Back issues are miserable, but hopefully the chiropractor will get things evened out for you. I always find that exercising regularly and sticking with the chiropractor makes my back so much better.