Thursday, September 02, 2010

Eggstatic

Today I finally looked up the eggs that got recalled just in case I had any of the bad eggs. After jumping on the web, I came up with this reference article. So I went up to my refrigerator and pulled out one full carton and one with only four eggs. The one with four eggs left was from Dutch Farms, one of the offending suppliers!!! Ugh!!! The Julian Date was 193, right in the heart of the trouble!!! My plant number was P1118 though, not one of the plants with issues. Regardless, I tossed the eggs. Better safe than sorry.

The end of summer is nigh, not because of the dramatic shift to cooler weather, but because we could only finish 11 holes during my weekly golf outing with Bill The Bear, Smitty and Nick (Nick hasn't earned a nickname yet.....other than Markakis...there's a baseball player named Nick Markakis.....I just like saying it....Markakis...Markakis...). The sun is setting around 7:30, so we probably have to stop a bit before that. Sigh. One way for me personally to extend the summer is to show up 2+ hours earlier and play 9 holes before they show up from where they work nearby. Here's to summer!!

1 comment:

terri said...

It does seem as if summer was just here and suddenly it has packed it's bags and gone. It better not be gone for good just yet though.

I never even checked my eggs. Figured if they were the bad ones, someone would have gotten sick already.