Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Progress?

If you recall, last week I believe, my rat poison in Basra led to the death of five rats whose corpses were left on display for half a day at least. Well, it seems my poison planting has had an additional benefit to just those five deaths. When I returned from Orlando and went for my morning coffee, there was a pest control truck parked outside Basra and a guy was putting bait stations around the yard, collapsing some holes and putting poison in others. In true Chicago business fashion, there was another guy supervising him, but not actually doing anything himself.

There was some bad news as well while I was gone in Orlando though as at least one rat has moved back in under our stoop. Poison has been dispersed and tomorrow T-Rex will be deployed again. The war rages on!!!

Construction in the kitchen is done...thankfully. Now it's just a matter of moving stuff back into place and consolidating things with LL. She moves in tomorrow, so much of my free time over the next few weeks will be spent moving things and putting stuff in storage or selling things. In many ways it's good...sort of in a feng shui sort of way. There are things that I knew I needed to do something about, but didn't HAVE to do it, so I didn't. Now I'm pressed into selling stuff or moving stuff or just tossing things out and it's sort of cathartic.

3 comments:

alexis said...

it does sound good! when OH and I moved in together we had so little stuff we didn't have much to purge but I suspect that will change with the next move.

terri said...

It's always good to purge some stuff from the house. Most of us tend to hang on to things we have no need for until there's so much stuff there's no more room. (Finger pointing at self.)

el supremo de nm said...

Karma burning through rummage sales.