Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Well ain't that a kick in the ass?

After this weekend, my softball team has one more big tournament this year and it's in Vegas. In anticipation of playing, I put off my surgery for a week and booked my flight just the other day and sent a confirmation to the guy organizing the teams activities.

Turns out, the tournament ISN'T the second weekend in November, but is actually not until December!! WTF?? Fortunately I think Southwest will work with me on using the ticket another time and I've tried to move the surgery back a week to the 10th. We'll see how those things turn out.

Foodie Alert!!
Yes, I did some cooking. Both yesterday and today in fact. Yesterday I bought some bay scallops along with four flounder fillets (which totaled less than a pound). The scallops were sauteed in some butter with garlic and a little salt and pepper. They were fantastic!! First time I've ever made them. Two of the flounder fillets were breaded and two were just broiled with some light seasoning. Both were delicious!!

Today I bought some sauerkraut (Frank's of course), some knackwurst and some Yukon Gold potatoes. After slicing and browning the knackwurst, I dumped it in with the sauerkraut to finish cooking. The potatoes I quartered and put in a pan in the oven with some olive oil. As they browned, I added some Parmesan cheese, per Ricardo's recommendation. Good stuff.

To top off both meals: pumpkin pie and fat free Cool Whip. Yum. No booze since tailgating on Sunday. Always a good idea to give the liver a break.

4 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Holy filet of flounder Batman - what next? Homemade aioli?

Good for you Mr. Foodie :)

terri said...

Mmmm... this makes me want to cook something. The scallops sound good. I haven't had them in over 20 years. The last time I ate them, they made me sick and I've been afraid to eat them ever since. Maybe I should give them another try.

I'll take a pass on the sauerkraut though. I had plenty of that growing up...since I have a mother who is full-blooded German.

stef said...

Look it you! Getting all domestic. So are you finding doing all this cooking fun when you have someone to cook for?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

It's always better to cook for someone other than yourself in my opinion. No doubt about it.