Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Post Vacation Stress Syndrome

Been so busy trying to catch up with work and things this week. It makes me wonder if vacations are worth it at all!! Then I remember the nice time I had down in Mexico and realize I'm being silly. However, it has been pretty stressful and finally today I was able to make it to the gym for the first time. After 10 days of not working out and some type of flu-like disease though, my workout was lethargic at best. Still, it wasn't awful.

Anyway, so I'm a bit stressed and tired and staying up until midnight tonight isn't helping!

After my trip to the gym, I made tacos for dinner for LL and myself. Good stuff that hit the spot.

For Bears fans, Omiyale has finally been benched for Beekman!!! That over paid jack-ass is done being a turnstyle at left guard for now. It was the classic situation where the GM didn't want to be shown up for making what turned out to be a bad offseason move. Beekman started all 16 games for us last year with no problems. Omiyale gets the big contract, so the coach feels like he HAS to start him. He does for 5 games and the guy is awful. Thankfully they pulled the trigger this quickly.

If you recall, I had the Bears starting at 3-3 and ending up at 10-6. So they are 3-3, but some games left on the schedule are looking a bit more difficult for us and if we ended up 8-8, it wouldn't be a huge surprise.

3 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

I've found that checking my email once a day and phone messages as well when I travel is a small price to pay on vacation to avoid overload when I get back.

stef said...

That first day back at the gym after a long time off is always the hardest.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Sadly, I DID check emails, actually twice a day usually, but oh the workload.....