Wednesday, October 07, 2009

The leaves are turning

On my way to the post office the other day to drop off my taxes, I took these pictures with my phone. The colors are nice, but it still seems early! Now they are calling for snow potentially on Monday.....ugh. I'm supposed to be golfing!!!



















Southwest helped me out and made it hassle free for me to change my flight from mid-November to early-December. Though I'm not sure I'm going on the trip yet (softball tournament in Vegas if you don't remember), I want to book the flight and leave my options open. It looks like I might go though and then have surgery the 8th of December. My alternative is to have surgery the 10th of November, so it's a whole month later at this point. The month of softball I might miss in the summer though, would involve tournaments not nearly as interesting as Vegas however, there may be more than one during that month.

It's a tough call. Plus Joisey Ken is coming to visit at the end of December so I'll either be in a sling with the late surgery or not in a sling with the early surgery.

Then there are the holidays to think about: sling or no sling?

Missing Bears games seems like a wash. But I would be able to play football on Thanksgiving morning if I delay the surgery. So many things to consider.....

3 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Amputation - ends all the problems :)

alexis said...

don't envy you the decision!

stef said...

Those are pretty great phone pics!