Thursday, October 15, 2009

In Denial

My heartburn was much better today thank-you-very-much. I'm not sure if it's the Prilosec starting to work or if it's that I'm taking various medication to reduce the acid and those actions alone are tempering the affliction or what. Regardless, I'm feeling much better!

So today I went golfing with a business associate from Albuquerque. We were the only two golfers on the course. We were sort of in denial about the weather and whether golf is appropriate or not when it's 44 degrees, some wind and drizzle.

Golfing with heartburn and my shoulder issues, seemed a bit odd too. More denial?

Hell, I'm delaying my shoulder surgery to play in one more tournament, despite the inevitable pain and discomfort. Definitely denial.

Even that I'm playing softball as a 43 year old "adult"with guys almost half my age, screams denial doesn't it?

If you're aware that you're in denial, are you in denial?

1 comment:

terri said...

Is that what you call "denial"? Heck! I refer to such things as "refusing to grow old".