Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Heartburn update

Since my heartburn entered day four, I decided it was time to call a doctor. I've never really had heartburn before, which I guess is pretty fortunate. Still, it's a bit disconcerting since I feel like I'm a generally healthy person. The doctor doesn't think it's more than acid reflux, which is good, so I started a 14 day cycle of Priolosec, which is now OTC. It doesn't start working right away, so you have to take other medicine for immediate relief, but when it kicks in after a few days, it's supposed to work wonders. Here's hoping as my Mexico trip is coming up. How is my stomach going to react to all of that Mexican food and booze??

Today I bought phone and data plans for Mexico so that it's not sooooo expensive to get calls or texts and emails. Plus I won't have to bring my computer as I'll be able to access email through my phone.

Tonight at dinner I was able to tell and relive my Ernie Harwell stories. How our meeting came about and the second dinner this summer are two of the neatest things to have happened to me. Interestingly, during dinner, my heartburn didn't bother me at all. On the way home though, it kicked in again. Ugh.

3 comments:

alexis said...

maybe it's stress?

terri said...

Sudden onset heartburn.... hmmm. Sometimes it sucks getting older, doesn't it? I hope you're feeling better soon.

Mexico sounds SO nice, especially considering winter is making an early arrival this year.

stef said...

Yeah you definitely don't want to have acid reflux issues in Mexico. You want to be free to experience the local gastrointestinal specialties. ;)