Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Why not just get water?

When I travel around for softball or to my folks' place in Michigan, I don't always eat real healthily. Sure, when I GET there I have that option, but while driving there, it's not as easy. So today I decided that while at Wendy's getting my chicken sandwich, that I would get water to go with to continue the healthier eating. No fries.

Ok, knowing my readership as I do, I knew that SOMEONE (I'm looking at you djf and tim) would look up the nutritional content of a Wendy's Homestyle Chicken sandwich. So, I figured I would do it myself. OMG!!! Holy shit!!! It's ridiculous!!! 16 grams of fat?!? 140 calories from fat?!? Holy shit! 1120 mg of sodium?!? Homestyle Chicken sandwiches are now OFF my list. Wow.

A 1/4 lb single is worse, but with less salt. Ugh. A medium fry? About the same as the burger. Damnit!! A small chili isn't too bad, but a lot of salt still, 830 mg.

My decision to go to water instead of Light Lemonade? Saved 10 calories. Shit. Though if I were to get a Dr. Pepper, it would have saved me 170 calories.

Wow, I have to rethink this Wendy's decision. Let's check McDonald's:
I have to get two regular burgers to stave off hunger and so the figures work out about the same: 18 grams of fat, 500 calories and 1140 mg of salt. Ugh. Fries? 19 grams of fat for medium fries, 380 calories and surprisingly only 270 mg of salt. Hell even a sugar free vanilla iced coffee has 11 grams of fat in it. Ugh. What the hell??

KFC extra crispy chicken breast? 27 grams of fat. Original recipe stills has 21 grams of fat. Per peice!!! Geesh. No more fast food at all for me!!!

7 comments:

alexis said...

thank god the health nazis haven't made it over to the Netherlands. I would cry probably if I found out how many calories were really in bitterballen

stef said...

What about a salad? Doesn't McD's have salad? I rarely go on car trips and I rarely eat fast food. So doing so on a car trip is always sort of part of the experience for me. If it is a long trip it can get real old real fast though.

Anonymous said...

you should eat at Subway like me.

Anonymous said...

I tend to opt for Subway. Or I just pack my own sandwich (which I frequently do when flying).

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Tim, I'm growing to dislike you immensely.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean veggie-burgers,hummus,egg beaters and vitamin waters for tail gate?! I would love to know what the caloric intake of a Sutton tailgate is.

Joisey ken

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

OMG Ken, I do NOT want to know the answer to that question. Ugh.