Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Dejesus Freak entry

Special note to dejesus freak, who will be playing in his Beatles ensemble publicly down on Michigan avenue between 11:30 and 1:30 on Wednesday....good luck!!!

In honor of djf coming out to see me play guitar (pathetically) on Monday, this entire entry will be dedicated to him!

One of the two teams he's currently cheering for openly, the other being the Cubs, is the Tampa Bay Rays. No longer the Devil Rays by the way, which I think is splitting hairs. The other day they set a FRANCHISE RECORD for most wins in a SEASON. They did this in early August! There's still almost two months of baseball to be played and they already have more wins in a season than they've ever had before. That's cool. In very Cub like fashion however, they just suffered two major player injuries which could derail the season for them. Currently they are in first place, holding off the Boston Red Sox. They need to be healthy though to win the division.

Finally, if you go back to my Bears/Chiefs entry, Ms. Freeze posted again! Whoo-hoo! I'm now on a mission to meet her face-to-face. Not sure if I can get to the southwest corner of the stadium or not after the game, but I might be able to get there....we'll see. How does this relate to djf? She mentions him in her comment as he has posted as her, fraudulently, on this blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm so honored!

As I mentioned Monday, Joe's group did a fine job with "Mary Jane's Last Dance." There were perhaps 10 people on stage, so even if Joe was messing up, it's almost impossible to tell. The group sounded good, though, and I though that at one point I could hear Joe's voice. Stick with it, Joe!

As for me, thanks for the mention. I'm in two ensembles at the moment (at least for another week), where I play bass guitar in both. The one I've been in the longest is Old Town's Beatles Ensemble. As Joe mentioned, we're playing tomorrow (Wednesday) in the plaza at 205 N. Michigan. We'll be playing two sets -- the first will be the second half of the White Album, the second may be used for requests. All are welcome!

In addition to that, I'm also in a second ensemble in which we're playing the Eagles Greatest Hits. That ensemble has its sessions on Mondays, so after we finished I stuck around to see Joe.

Anyway, both the Eagles and the Beatles groups have their final "graduation" performance at the Hidden Cove Lounge on Friday night. My Eagles set will be from 6-7pm and the Beatles will start at 9pm (there are two ensembles in between). Always a good time, with good food, drinks, and atmosphere. The Hidden Cove is at 5336 N. Lincoln (just north of Foster). All are welcome, especially "Amy Freeze." ;-)

stef said...

I'm going to try to make it to the show today djf! You probably won't recognize me though...

Anonymous said...

You are a crazy guy Joe, I wish I could report the weather from Ralph Wilson Stadium, that would just be super.

Amy Freeze

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Tim, you're a terrible person.