Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ruling the Iron Workers Union

Last year at around this time, I entered the Iron Workers Union charity golf outing to raise money for MDA. Jumpin' Joe was my playing partner and we didn't fair well, but I did win longest drive and a basket of booze in the raffle. Sweet memories!

This year, Jumpin' Joe again invited me to play along with a couple of mutual buddies of ours. I should be able to post a picture by Sunday. While there was no longest drive competition this year, our foursome did win low score with -7. The prize? A Sony dvd player! Sweet. I didn't win anything in the raffle, but I did spend a bunch of money at the silent auction. We had a great day.

After everyone left, the four of us played "bags" underneath a parking lot lamp post....truly a Norman Rockwell scene. While I've been a long time opponent of the white trash game, I caved since they needed a fourth. The last three games (after going winless for three straight) my teammate and I scored 34 unanswered points for three straight slaughter rule (11-0) victories. Nice.

Now I'm in Rockford for a softball tournament on Saturday and hopefully, Sunday. Good luck to us!!!

No comments: