Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Softball struggles

The 7:30 a.m. breakfast today killed me.....ugh. Never again. In fact, I may not even go to breakfast meetings at all anymore. It's just not worth it to me!

Since the team didn't really need me in our Crystal Lake tournament last weekend (they were eliminated early on Saturday), I was able to go golfing last minute with T-Rex Tim instead and took the weekend off of softball. I was looking forward to playing two games tonight which might offer some good practice and some swings. Unfortunately I was dead tired after a breakfast meeting and then work during the day with a trip through rush hour traffic. My bat was pretty slow and I was something like 3-10 which is horrible for me. The lighting at this particular facility (in Arlington Heights), is pretty terrible when you're in the field (it's not an excuse for my poor hitting) and at one point a lefty hit a ball to the left of me at third which I never saw. Since I didn't know it was coming at me, I headed for the third base bag since runners were on. Since the ball was on the other side of me from the base, it looked like I was running away from the ball. Ugh. It was that kind of night.

On the positive side, I did stop on the way home at Home Depot and picked up my new shower head and temperature control for my shower. I stopped at the Home Depot near Addison and 90, which is actually pretty nice. They have a much bigger selection than the lousy branch near me on Halsted. At least I know now!!

Time to rest up for more work before preparing for the weekend trip to Sterling Heights, MI.

I had some more interesting stuff to write, but forgot to write it down and now I'm too tired to remember!!!

3 comments:

alexis said...

holy crap, even your bad slow days are inspiringly full and busy compared to mine.

7:30 is indeed an hour best left to farmers for work.

stef said...

Well I hope you remember the more interesting stuff tomorrow. This post was sort of mid-range on the interest level. (ha ha)

Anonymous said...

If it would help any we could actually "fire" you from the 'Breakfast Department' - save you the trouble of quitting :)