Saturday, August 02, 2008

Hey Tubby!

My softball tournament in Troy, IL, near St. Louis, didn't go as planned. It was toasty hot and fairly humid, leading to a whole lot of sweating. We won our first game after some very shoddy defense 9-8. We lost our second game 9-7 after going into the last inning with us trailing 2-1. We lost our last game, I think, 18-16, with most of our runs (10 of them) coming from the other team. In this organization, the home run rule is one home run with the second one being an out. The third one is an out and a run for the other team. The fourth home run is an out and TWO runs for the other team. That means the other team hit 6 home runs! We didn't hit any! It ended up being a short day for us.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm to 198 from 194. Ugh. Somehow Ricardo and el supremo are to blame.

My internet connection went out on Thursday night/Friday morning. I tried to call and get support, but the tech support person didn't pick up until I was already in the shower after being on hold for 20+ minutes. It was my morning shower and I thought I could sneak it in before I was connected. Damnit. So how am I posting this entry? Get this, I hooked up my wifi, which goes through the same DSL box and it works fine. How can that even be???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Somehow Ricardo and el supremo are to blame"

Sigh...the last lashing out of a person approaching his mid-40's.

stef said...

hrm. 4lbs sounds about the right amount of weight gain from a El Supremo visit. Did you ever figure out your internet issue? Sounds very odd!

Anonymous said...

Hey Stef (who always sends me the list of restaurants I should be selecting in advance of my trips) you're not piling on too?