Sunday, August 03, 2008

Some pretty damn good walleye.

If you live down near Springfield Illinois or if you're passing through down I-55, stop off at the Sangamon Road exit, number 100. Just west of the highway is a bar called The Fieldhouse. Three interesting things about The Fieldhouse: 1) they have a beer garden that I'm sure is rivaled by no one in Springfield, but it's not apparent. I've been there twice and didn't even notice it until I was leaving the second time! There's a band stage, outdoor bar, seating....just awesome.

2) Their pizza is for shit. I don't care what they or anyone else you talk to says, it's crap. Not even at the frozen pizza level....honestly.

3) They have the best damn fried walleye of all time. Plus, it's dirt cheap! For $7 you get four big fillets of walleye, waffle fries (that are delicious), choice of potato salad (good!) or coleslaw. Seriously, it's right off the highway and it's awesome.

This Thursday starts the Bears pre-season games. Is it that time already??

4 comments:

alexis said...

I hate when ppl recommend awesome food that is literally thousands of miles away. Why do you ppl torture me?? WHY??

stef said...

mmmm fried fish.

Anonymous said...

Good fish - always great.

Desiree said...

I'm fixated on fish and chips. I could eat it every meal when I was in England. I could do walleye and waffle fries in Springfield, too.