Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lockjaw setting in??

Yesterday I went golfing at Big Run, just down the street from it's more well known neighbors, Cog Hill and Ruffled Feathers. For $69 it's not a bad course at all and some of the greens are absolutely insane. I shot a 40-43 for an 83, which was pretty good based on not having enough sleep and playing for the second day in a row.

Today I went to church in the morning which, like my bathroom, continues on with it's renovations. They are moving to the side areas of the church now instead of the main aisle for painting as they have completed the tallest part of the church ceiling now. It looks great! I understand they are going to light some previously innocuous statues as well. Should look pretty cool.

After running a TON of errands, I headed over to poster-Stef and her husband's (John the Armenian) house to have dinner with el supremo who is in town for the next few days for work. John cooked bison steaks on the grill from Whole Paycheck and some awesome locally grown corn. We also had a very tasty salad tossed together by Stef. I brought the beer. I know, it doesn't sound like I really contributed, but I'm going to be helping Stef in her job search so this it sort of like paying half up front for a contractor's services. Ha!! Stef also made some kick-ass chocolate chip cookies....mmmmmmm and I was able to sneak some home too. Hopefully meal pictures from el supremo are on their way.

So about two+ weeks ago, at the Kansas City game, I was throwing the football around with Benny Baseball and his buddy. At one point I turned to break away from Benny or he turned or something and he basically punched me in the jaw (accidentally) pretty hard. Fortunately after four years of martial arts training where guys are intentionally trying to punch you in the jaw, I was not very phased. The next day I don't even remember it hurting at all and certainly not that weekend while playing softball. Suddenly, about three days ago, my jaw needs to "warm up" to chew and it's kind of uncomfortable. I wouldn't say it hurts, but it's definitely uncomfortable and feels "out of line". Not sure what to do about it or how long to wait, so any suggestions are welcome!!

Three days of work coming up, so I'm lucky to have gotten my golf in!! Big softball tournament in Sterling Heights Michigan next weekend. Not sure how many teams will be there yet, but probably 50-60. I'm not sure if we need to finish top 10 or not, but it's always nice!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know Joe, didn't seem like the jaw had any trouble with the bison, corn or cookies.

Anonymous said...

I'd say have him hit you from the other side now...should line things right back up! LOL