Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend results

This weekend really started on Thursday night with golf with the boyz which bled into golf the next day.  While I played awful on Thursday (due in part I think to going to physical therapy in the morning), I played pretty awesome on Friday shooting an 81 (42-39). Have I turned a corner with the golf swing? Stay tuned.

Saturday was an early, early morning since I had to be Byron, IL by 7 a.m. and Byron is 90 minutes away.  Amazingly, I got up before 5 and was on the road early. There's no traffic at that hour of the morning, as you would expect, so I got to the highway in about 10 minutes instead of the usual 20+. Great start. Then, a screeching halt. An accident about 150 yards past the split of the highway at 90-94 was closing all four lanes. ALL of them!!  C'mon!! So I took 94, instead, got off on the first exit and tried to get on at the next entrance ramp past the accident. Nope. Cop blocking it there. Damnit!!! By the time I got to the next ramp, about a half an hour had gone by and now I was late. It didn't get much better after some missed turns and bad directions near the fields, so I got there about 15 minutes before the game. Ugh.

Anyway, we went 4-0 on Saturday winning three games by the slaughter rule. The fourth game we won 16-14 against a team a level above us in this organization (USSSA). Since they were a level above us, they had to give us 2 runs but they got to be the home team, supposedly making the teams equal. If that's true, then we were really equal as we would have tied without them.  Sunday was a later start as I didn't have to be there until 10. Fortunately there were no accidents this time and I was on time for batting practice.  All the teams left now were a level above us, and we played the eventual champion right off the bat. We had an 11-8 lead in the bottom of the seventh and they hit a grandslam to win it. Ugh. We won the next game though 14-11, again against a higher level team and got matched up with the same team we had just lost to with the task of having to beat them twice. We pulled it off the first game, 14-12, and then lost in the last game 13-3. The team was pretty well spent by the time the last game came around. It was toasty and muggy.

Upon my return, LL was home from her trip to Iowa. It was great to see her again as she had been gone since Thursday morning! I miss my Sweetie when she goes away.

2 comments:

terri said...

Wow! You played some pretty impressive games! If it was as hot and humid there as it was here, you must have been wiped out by the end of the weekend.

alexis said...

wow, that sounds like some accident. I wonder what time it happened?