Monday, July 09, 2012

Fish and crabs

It was a busy Monday filled with running errands and such, but when the end of the day came around and LL came home, I started cooking dinner. It was later than I wanted, since we've rented a movie, but we ate shortly after 7 which isn't too bad. Though I told LL I was making the trout with mushrooms and rice recipe I've mentioned before, I neglected to tell her that I was also steaming some Opilio crab that was on sale.  Both turned out very tasty and LL was very happy, especially since she changed clothes and took a little nap while I cooked. Yay!!

That's it for me today!

2 comments:

Michael Podolny said...

You are one helluva good husband.

What are Opilio Crabs?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Opilio crabs are smaller than king crab and are fished at the start of the year. Basically crab with less meat than King Crab, easier to eat than stone or blue crab.