Thursday, July 05, 2012

Odds and ends

The huge delay in MLM finishing our bathroom, which may happen on Friday, has been more than just an inconvenience of not having the bathroom to use. Noooooo. It's more than just having a contractor in your house for two months, one month longer than projected. Nooooo. There are side effects of the job, aside from the toilet issues which caused issues in our basement. Here's a few picks of the "other issues". Mainly it's the unavailability of our pool table and the area anywhere near it.



Organized chaos. The area is completely unusable, but it has to be staged somewhere.


On a happier note, to kick off the July 4th holiday, I made LL some lobster tails. I've never made them before, but they aren't difficult to make! Here they are on the pan, ready to be broiled. We bought them at Whole Foods and they were relatively inexpensive. Good eating!! I followed them up on July 4th morning with more fresh fruit crepes!! Yum!


While LL and I were out walking about, we saw this are piece on a corner not too far from the house. Pretty compelling. There's a figure inside the ball if you look closely. Pretty cool.


The latest entrant on OUR corner is this piece. Not bad. Actually, pretty cool. I'm happy that our Alderman is supporting this kind of work.

2 comments:

alexis said...

I love all the art in your neighborhood! Would love to see more of that here in Amsterdam. Also I would like to see more lobster tail - luckily that's something I can make happen straight away.

terri said...

I love lobster! (Who doesn't?) But would like to have it without having to pay a huge restaurant tab. I always thought it would be difficult to cook it on my own and get it right, but if you say they're not too difficult, maybe I'll try.