Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy Anniversary!!

Three and a half years ago I went on a date to Starbucks on a Sunday morning. As I was now an experienced eHarmony customer and dater, meeting at Starbucks or for a drink at a wine bar or something was my initial meeting go to plan. Both options were relatively short in duration and an easy exit if they turned out to not be as described or there was no chemistry. This date however was very promising so I asked her if she wanted to go to brunch at a nearby diner.  She said yes, despite the extreme cold of that January morning and we enjoyed a thoroughly enjoyable meal as well as each other's company. She offered to pay, which I thanked her for but of course refused. We walked to her car said goodbye with an appropriately nice kiss. 1) nice to talk to, 2) offer to pay, 3) kiss. She met all three requirements for a second date....and as it turns out, much more.

It's tough to believe it's been 3 1/2 years since my first date with LL. Time really does fly when you're having fun.  It's been ten months since we got married, which seems like last month! Crazy.

 Anyway, it's our date-aversary today and we're both very happy!!


3 comments:

Michael Podolny said...

Well there are a lot of blessings in this life and LL is certainly been one. Every time I visit, I love to watch the two of you.

Except when MLM is concerned :(

terri said...

Well Happy Date-a-Versary!

alexis said...

happy dateaversary!!! I love that idea. Such a good idea to just appreciate the good things we have in life.

Thanks for posting this, it's totally cheered me up for the day. :)