Friday, July 13, 2012

Golf, golf and oh yeah, softball.

Busy couple of days, so I've missed my posts. Yesterday was golfing with the Boyz (Bill the Bear, Smitty and Markakis).  Unfortunately, I had physical therapy in the morning and my swing was crap the whole round. In fact, on the front nine, I only hit two fairways with my drive and both of them were off of trees!! Just awful. So when I got up to go golfing Friday morning (for business purposes), I had low, low expectations. On the practice range I tried to work on just a few shots, 3 clubs, and got them all to "work" the way I wanted. Out on the course, I played pretty well shooting a 42-39. The three over par on the back could have been two strokes better had I been able to hit two short, four foot putts. Ugh.

While we were merrily golfing, storms surrounded the area and enveloped Chicago proper. In fact, there was something like a 3 hour rain delay at the Cubs game. Nary a drop fell on us at the golf course though. We actually heard storm sirens, but decided to ignore them since nothing seemed imminent near us, though there was a quick confirmation of the radar using our cell phones.

The rain came down so hard and fast in my neighborhood, I'm told, that the street was covered sidewalk to sidewalk in water. Yikes! Fortunately part of the problem was debris blocking the sewers, and once cleared, the water drained pretty well. Happy to report there were no problems in the basement!!

Softball tomorrow and Sunday in Byron, IL at Byron Fest. Should be a good time.

2 comments:

terri said...

We got some pretty heavy rains here last night too.

Good luck in softball!

alexis said...

wow, interesting, we had massive rains here too!

We have a lot of canals though (you may have noticed them while you were here ;) ) so generally flooding is not an issue.