Sunday, June 03, 2012

Some Sushi

Saturday was a pretty relaxing day that ended with LL's parents coming into town for a belated Mother's Day meal of sushi at Rollapalooza with Minnie and Eric. Minnie....she's Korean, as is Eric....I wonder what her REAL name is?  It's not Minnie is it?  Probably not. Eric's probably not Eric either. Interesting. Sorry, I digress. We had a better than usual meal there on Saturday. "How can the be?" you say as we always have great food there?  I don't know. LL doesn't either, but for some reason the mixture of food we have was just better. And maybe it's because we had four people so we ordered a variety of things as opposed to just a few, that all of our tastebuds were being stimulated. Interesting.

Today was a double-header in my over 40 league in the suburbs that takes over an hour for me to get to, even on a Sunday afternoon. That part was frustrating. Another frustrating part is that since I play with people in their 20's and early 30's in tournaments all the time, I feel like I should dominate this league. But I don't. At least not the way I envision myself dominating. Am I faster than most of the guys? Yes. That's not a problem. Do I field better than most of the guys? Yeah, probably. Do I have a stronger throw than virtually everyone? Yes. But I just don't dominate in the hitting arena.  Really I shouldn't think that I should since I'm a high on base percentage guy and don't kill the ball in my regular tournaments, there's nothing to indicate that I would dominate hitting here either. But I tell you what; I do try to have as much fun as possible while I'm out there. And the double header today was pretty fun. My buddy, Fedor, joined for the first week and I haven't seen him since a tailgate during the Bears season. He had a rough day of it (and playing catcher of all things) and took a header on his way to first that was absolutely hysterical to watch, mostly because I did essentially the same thing in my first at bat last year in the league. Too funny. I think we both were just trying to hard and ended up with similar results. Ha!

1 comment:

alexis said...

do your Korean friends have a favorite bbq in town? Maybe next time we are in Chicago...