Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bathroom update

So is the master bathroom going to be done tomorrow?  No, it is not. Will it be done next week sometime?  Geez, I hope, but probably not.  Yes, it's been...what...5 weeks?  Well, when it's done it will look nice.

Even though I put in an extra week+ of time for MLM to do his work, it wasn't enough. My calculation error came from a few areas: 1) Memorial Day (forgot about it) 2) the anniversary of unrelated neighbors of a friend of Ricardo's (yes, I'll wait while you try to work through that again) caused him to miss another two days 3) he got sick for two days 4) I didn't have him working longer days earlier in the project (he's been working 9-5 the last two weeks instead of 10:30-3:30). Oh well, it's getting closer.

This wall is where the vanity and toilet will be.














This bad boy caused a day delay: it's an exhaust fan that is 30% stronger, but unfortunately is also bigger and caused MLM to freak about the positioning and getting it installed. My bad for not getting one the same size.




Here's where the shower head will be. The grout is in and I'll be able to use the shower come Monday, but that's about it.










Most of the floor is in, but the edges haven't been finished yet. Plus the trim has to be stained and installed as well. Yeah, there's at least another week's worth of MLM work to be done.




Changing topics: here's our new piece of art at the end of the street across from the Starbucks. It's one of my favorites so far.

3 comments:

terri said...

I seem to remember our bathroom remodel being estimated at a few weeks. Mark did the work himself and it was more like 3 months. Ugh. It was worth it in the end though.

Yours is looking good!

Michael Podolny said...

I can't wait to hear LL's take on MLM :)

alexis said...

yes maybe we need a refresher on how you settled on him as your defacto guy for repairs.