Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Date night....only better

A lot of couples have a date night. Maybe it's weekly, maybe it's monthly, it varies, but a bunch of married people I know have them.  I've always thought it was kind of dumb: what do you do on NON date nights?? Not hangout with your spouse?  Since LL and I spend pretty much every night together, we haven't really ventured into the date night world. Sometimes we eat out or we go to a comedy club or whatever, but I don't see that as a date night. Maybe that's the difference: other married couples (maybe because of kids!) DO see those nights as date nights. I just call them Tuesday.

So last night LL was very excited about having a date night with me (mind you last week we went to 3 comedy clubs, a baseball game and had a pizza night with friends).  I took the bus down to her work and we went to a movie: Safety Not Guaranteed.  If this movie opens ANYWHERE near you, you should go see it. Very good. Anyway, before going to see the movie, we walked by Garrett's popcorn and picked up a medium bag of Chicago Mix: caramel and cheese corn. OMG was it awesome. Anyway, we snuck it, as well as a bottle of water, into the theater courtesy of LL's large purse (I knew it would come in handy some day!) . Garrett's wasn't any cheaper than getting popcorn at the theater, but it's wayyyyyy better. 


The movie was at 5:40, so the popcorn was a nice appetizer that tided us over until dinner. After the movie, we headed down a few streets to a good Thai place and had a nice dinner.  So a movie and dinner, I guess that's a date night, but as I told LL: it's better. Why?  Because I know LL's not crazy whereas that's always a risk when you go on a regular date!

3 comments:

terri said...

I think date nights are for people like Mark and me. He works weird hours, so half the time I don't see him. And when the weather is nice, he's always wandering around somewhere in the neighborhood getting caught up in other people's home improvement projects, so I don't see him even more. And when we're home and just watching t.v., he channel surfs and watches a bunch of reality t.v. that I can't stand, so that's not really quality time together either.

Gosh... I just realized we need more than a date night! ;-)

Glad you had fun on yours! Yay for LL's big purse. I always try to bring a bottle of water to the movies. They cost like $5 at the movie concessions! I could buy a whole case for less than that.

Michael Podolny said...

Wonderful LL's main contribution to a good date night is she isn't crazy

alexis said...

date night is for when you have kids, as it implies it is just you adults going out.