Sunday, June 17, 2012

Busy Saturday

Not golfing on Sunday morning turned out to be the best thing ever for me. OK, well, not the best thing EVER, but a pretty good decision. Softball on Saturday ran long, no big surprise, but I was home in time to shower, eat and go see Nick Offerman at The Vic. His show actually wasn't all that good and we didn't get to bed until about 1. If I were to golf at 8:15 in Naperville, I would have gotten about 5 hours of sleep. Instead I got almost 8 hours and then made crepes for LL.  This time the selection was blueberries, bananas and Nutella. They were delicious. Throw in some coffee and it was a pretty great, lazy Sunday morning.

Saturday was a much different story though.  I was up before 6 and on the road by 6:30 to get to Rockford by 8 a.m. for batting practice. Our first game was at 9 and started on time, but the rain started mid-game and caused a 2 hour delay before the 7th inning could be started. After we played the last inning (and won the game!), we had another 2 hour break. Our next two games were back to back, but by the time I left the complex, it was about 6:30, so I got home around 8. It was 13 1/2 hours away from home. A long day and it wasn't near being over. LL had made delicious stuffed peppers, so after showering, I wolfed down a few of those and then it was off to see Offerman.

The tournament in which we played was a state tournament for teams a level above us in USSSA. There were four teams in the tournament at our level, which was half the field, so in the first game they matched up a higher level team against a lower level team.  We screwed things up by winning the game though 16-14! One of our better players had to leave after that first game (because of all the delays he only played the one game instead of at least 2 and possibly 3) and we were missing some other folks not to mention some injuries which limited our crew, so we ended up dropping the next two games, though both games were one run affairs through at least 5 innings.  I played pretty well hitting a robust .850 (11-13) and making some good plays at third. One interesting note (to me at least) was that I don't think I walked at all! Nor did I have any extra base hits. All singles. Odd.

4 comments:

terri said...

The crepes sound delicious! Anything with Nutella sounds good, though!

Congrats on a good showing at the tournament!

alexis said...

I am inspired by the stuffed peppers. I think we'll have those tonight!

Michael Podolny said...

What did she stuff them with?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Meat and rice Michael. Yum!