Friday, June 15, 2012

A rarity

Since when does Joe bail on golf?  Until now, it pretty much had to be due to a LOT of rain or really cold temperatures. Sunday though I had to bail on my buddy JC for other reasons. Saturday morning I have to get out to Rockford by 8 a.m. for a softball tournament and then we're seeing Nick Offerman at his 10:00 p.m. show. JC wanted me to golf with him at 8:15 at a course that's close to an hour away. So that would mean two days in a row of getting up at 6 a.m., followed up with only 5-6 hours of sleep after a day in the sun. Probably not a recipe for success at golf on Sunday and I'd probably just not really enjoy it as much as I'd like to, so JC and I are going to try and hit the links another day.

Last night we saw Patton Oswalt perform and he was pretty funny.  Tell you what though, the guy that opened for him was hysterical! His name is Kyle Kinane and he actually headlined his own show earlier in the week! It was like getting a two-fer! The show was at The Vic Theater, which is known best me as the venue for Brew-n-View, where we bought quarter beers and watched classic movies in a very boisterous environment. When we walked into the general admission seating first floor, the center seats were pretty full and most of what was available was along the sides. So we decided to head upstairs to the balcony and we got second row center!! Nice! The show on Saturday is at the same venue, so we'll probably try to get the same seats.


Here we are at Park West getting ready for Amy Shumer.












Outside Park West and inside The Vic.














2 comments:

terri said...

I'm surprised you don't bail on activities more often. Sometimes I wonder where you find the time and energy for all you do in a week!

alexis said...

I haven't been to comedy in forever! It's such a crap shot here. We went once to a show where we knew the headliner. Otherwise it's always unknowns. And even the known one turned out not to be so great.