Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Technology vacation

Our last day in Punta Cana has arrived. It's sad, but going home is always great too, if you have a great home life! This trip, more than anything, showed we can travel and still have a fair amount of internet connection and electronic fun. It's sounds a bit weird I guess, but really, we enjoy the heck out of our life at home, so traveling can be fun, but still needs to alllow for some of the basics in our electronic life to keep us happy. For instance, with our iPhones, we can use FaceTime to call friends and not only talk to them, but show them our surroundings. With Sling Box, we can watch our TV at home, even down on the beach like we did last night. How cool is that? With our iPads, we can also use FaceTime, more easily check emails and write blogs as well as play games for entertainment. It's a great time to be alive and not afraid of technology (or looking stupid trying to use it!). I tell ya, being able to stay connected electronically like this is going to make traveling in the future even more palatable to me. A final comment on the Dreams chain down here: they have it right. They know what they are doing. They are constantly lookng for feedback and by they I mean almost all of the employees. If you tell them something is bothering you or didn't go right, they fix it or make note of it to fix it asap. We told a host at breakfast that our dinner the night before wasn't great because our server was gumpy, and he made a note of the time and the restaurant and booked us at the place of our choice for that night right there. I messed up the combo to our safe and couldn't open it and the security guy was waiting for me outside our room less than5 minutes later. He beat me back to the room from 200 yards away!! Almost all of the staff is very friendly and happy, and it makes a difference! So if you're going to the Caribbean, you have my recommendation that your Dreams Resort stay will be as good as any other place in that locale.

4 comments:

alexis said...

sounds lovely! there is nothing like great service to round off a wonderful experience.

Michael Podolny said...

Great commentary on the technology. I know that even though I use much less of it than you, I would never be able to travel as much and take care of my business without it.

Good review on Dreams Resort too.

Spelling on this post...not so good :)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yeah, the iPad keyboard I have is a little off and was typing in the quasi-sun. My bad on the typing!

Bee said...

@ De I-

Be glad he isn't writing this out longhand!!! /shiver