Saturday, May 12, 2012

Finally!

Wow, sorry to my future self for not posting over the last few days. It really has been crazy busy since returning from the Dominican. There always seems to be something to do and yesterday I had a crazy long list of to-do's, all of which were accomplished and then some. I still have to run our snorkel stuff to the storage unit and iron my cabana wear (Seinfeld reference for those familiar).

With the bathroom renovation going on, there's always SOMETHING to do; it's just a matter of where it is in the priority list. I'll upload some pictures of the demolished room so there's a before reference point. We're down to the studs for the most part and the tile is up off the floor. Today we're going to try and find a good vanity/shelving/mirror combo. Normally I'd have this picked out before I start demo, but this time we have to use standard sized pieces and don't have much leeway in that regard, so it shouldn't be tough to find something we like, plus we have a color scheme to go off of from the guest bathroom that isn't far away.

So my herniated disc is still a problem. It's been 10 weeks since the injury, so I should be significantly better and while I feel like I am better, I'm not back 100%.  My left arm is still weak, though I am just starting to be able to do push-ups again.  Still, it feels sometimes like some muscles in my arm and chest are going out of place and overlapping other muscles when I make certain motions. That can't be good right? Well, it is what is and I imagine some of the muscles have atrophied while muscles next to them have not and the size difference causes issues. Normally you'd grow or shrink at relatively the same pace. However the muscles controlled by this particular nerve have been relatively inactive for almost 3 months as they haven't been engaged very much (except for my PT sessions). I'll know I'm getting better when that is no longer the case.

3 comments:

alexis said...

I guess the R n R couldn't have hurt your disc though, right?

Michael Podolny said...

I worry about your pushing too hard. You need to think long term sustaining of your strength as you get older not trying to conquer new heights.

terri said...

Sorry to hear that your injury is still a problem. De-I has some good advice. Be careful so you can heal properly and for the long term.