Friday, May 25, 2012

Missed some posts!

Wow, sorry about that future self. Just a busy couple of days that caused me to miss some posts. Wednesday we went to dinner with an Indian friend of LL's (probably the friend of hers I like the best) at our favorite Indian place, Hema's Kitchen. It's always good food there and with the Indian guidance on hand, we tried some new dishes. Afterwards we went back to her place (she's apartment sitting for a friend for a few weeks and has since returned to her home down by St. Louis) and she made us chai tea from scratch. Good stuff and nothing like Starbuck's chai.

Thursday was physical therapy day and golf day. As I found out around the sixth hole, those two things don't mix all that well. After executing shots and playing ok, I really fell off the table and lost all control of the ball. That was unfortunate. It's always fun with Bill the Bear and Nick Markakis though.

After golf, I told the story about a mother and daughter in Punta Cana who thought I resembled Paul Giamatti. What?? How is that not an insult?  Mind you, I LIKE Giamatti, but I don't want to look like him.  Then Bill pulls out that he thinks I closer resemble Ben Stein. What?!?!? What the hell?  So now I hate Bill.




I'm at the bottom (with goatee) and on the lower right with JK Simmons next to me on the left.  Now, I'm pretty sure I don't resemble Stein and I'm hoping I'm not as puffy as Giamatti!!


3 comments:

Michael Podolny said...

Did you get the recipe for the chai?

You're too sensitive about your looks. It only gets worse as you get older. All downhill from her bud!

alexis said...

I still see the resemblance with JK Simmons.

terri said...

You're definitely a younger version of JK Simmons. Paul Giamatti? Ben Stein? No way!