Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pictorial post

With all the plumbing issues, I just did a phone picture dump (and added this first one) for my entry today.

Looks like this was a pretty good swing, though I'm concerned about the trajectory of the ball off the bat here. I didn't make many outs though, so it was probably a hit! Our team went 5-0 and nominated me for the all tournament team (one of four players on our team). Good stuff!







Just on a whim, I decided to take a picture of the brackets.  We are team Next, waiting for the championship game.












After the three games on Saturday, we had a team bbq over at the house where three of the players and the manager live. This was the nice little fire that we actually needed because it got a little chilly after a pretty warm day.













They also have a swimming pool and this cute as hell pooch who loves to run around the edge and then jump onto the raft! Too freaking funny.
















After the games on Sunday, we showered and headed to Terry and Sandie's annual Memorial Day party.  It was awesome as always and I tried to get a picture of just SOME of the food, without even the desserts!!















I think these are the appetizers, but I'm not sure. There was soooo much food. We could only stay until 9 (that was after about 5 hours) because we were so tired from being outside for two days straight and Sunday was getting near 100 degrees. Yowza.













This picture I took just because it was such a simple, effective garden. Very pretty in it's simplicity I thought.






Here's our front yard garden. We're getting lots of people stopping by and smelling the multitude of roses.













Here's another picture of those roses and some purple flowers. Very pretty.















Finally, a progress report on the bathroom. Actually now the room is all insulated and backer board is up around the bathtub. What I like about this is that Manual Labor Mike secured all of the pipes so that don't rattle or anything crazy. The old pipes were just tossed in there.  Those two shut-off valves are pretty useless, except for when initially working on the piping, but MLM likes to use them. Tiling starts this week! Hoping to have it done the week after next I think.

3 comments:

terri said...

Fun pictures, especially the one of you at the bat. Nice shot!

And those roses! There are so many! No wonder people are stopping to smell them!

alexis said...

I do love the roses in the sunlight. I think I'm learning a lot about home improvement just by reading this blog!

Bee said...

LOL
wonder what an inspector would say about hidden shut-offs...well access will require punching a hole in the shower...hehe
I think the purpley flows amongst the roses are violets...maybe...

good form btw...