Monday, December 13, 2010

Slippery Weight

How many trips to the store does it take for Joe to buy a pair of slippers? So far, the answer is at least 4. On the first trip, I bought a nice pair of size 11's that I liked. Unfortunately, they didn't fit. So I took them back, but the didn't have a size 12, so I went with another style in size 12. Took them home, very happily, but they were too big! So I took them back and got size 11's. They are too small!! WTH?!?! And I got a really good deal on this purchase due to discounts so I NEED to make something work! One more trip.

Somehow, over the last few months...okay, like 5 months but mostly the last 3 months, my weight has jumped back up 6-7 pounds from its low. That doesn't make me happy. What's the reason? Mostly it's the end of softball and beginning of Bears games. Though really it's me just eating too much (or drinking too much). Hopefully I can drop 4 pounds or so in pretty quick order. We'll see. It was a good day at the gym today, but I didn't run and that's where I really shed weight. Oh well, I'll get it back down, just need to focus on it for a bit. Looks like me and everyone else will be trying to lose weight in January.

4 comments:

alexis said...

LOL, I could site any number of tailgating entries as to the weight mystery's source.

Jersey Ken said...

TRY A NICE STOMACH VIRUS! ;-) That always seems to work for me.

el supremo de nm said...

Right on Alexis.

terri said...

Are you not allowed to try on the slippers while you're still in the store? This confuses me!

'Tis the season to put on weight. You'll take it off again soon enough.