Thursday, December 02, 2010

Short post

It's late. I'm tired. I'm going to bed in anticipation of a great weekend that starts tomorrow up at Ricardo's country home. It's our annual wood splitting weekend. Should be fun, but a bit of work. Unfortunately there's going to be a crap load of snow, so that's going to impact the weekend in some fashion.

Tonight started the Christmas party season with two fun events. The first was at my church and we only stayed about an hour. They actually had lots of great food and all sorts of booze: Sam Adams beer, wine, other good drinks. Nice!!

The second party was at a law firm, HMB, downtown at the Standard Club. I started using the law firm about 15 years ago and have recommended them to clients as well. They've more than tripled in size since then and are good folks. LL came with me as she did last year and her best friend's husband also goes as he uses the law firm as well. So not only did I have my law firm buddies to talk to as I ate prime rib, shrimp, duck with plum sauce, bacon wrapped dates (YES! Just like I make for tailgating!!) and a bunch of other good food, but LL and her friend too. Good fun.

Also at the event was Alexi Giannoulias, who ran for Obama's vacated Senate seat but lost. His cousin is in the law firm. Seems like there's always someone famous showing up at this event. Kind of neat.

1 comment:

el supremo de nm said...

Holiday party season. Time to turn into a blimp. You don't have those kinds of problems if you are a pariah like me.