Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Meaningful Request

The other day, my father, who claims to read my blog more than periodically, requested that I start writing "more interesting" entries. More precisely he said, " your blog of late SUCKS" and "I don't give a f#$% if your tired mister."

Now, from anyone else those comments would be a wakeup call, but from my father I more or less hit the snooze button. Ok, not true....I'm keeping that thought in mind.

Friday night we had dinner with a softball buddy of mine and his wife at one of our favorite restaurants, Sapori Trattoria. They just moved into the neighborhood or at least sort of close to the 'hood. They bought a sweet place with a nice roof deck. Good stuff.

On Saturday, we were invited to three parties (two birthday and one holiday), but were only able to make it to one party which was about an hour away in Naperville. It was fun though so we didn't cut our time short to try to go to another party. In fact, the weather started to take a turn for the worse and our trip home took much more than an hour. The weather during the day was in the upper 30's and relatively pleasant until it started to rain. While we were at the party, the temperature dropped and all the wet stuff turned to ice. Snow, ice and cold. Guess what the weather was like for Sunday's Bears game?

Though I haven't seen the official stats, the game time temperature was supposed to be a zero wind chill dropping to about -7 during the game. Since it was supposed to be so windy, we bailed on tailgating and met at a bar instead. Then we changed and drove over from there. Benny Baseball and Andy The Sausage King met us there. Good fun. Even the game wasn't too cold, but unfortunately it wasn't competitive. The Bears were awful in every facet of the game except kick returns. Not much of a bright spot.




Here's the view from my seats of the close endzone and the field folks clearing the snow off the field.


















Another shot of the cleaning crew.




















This shot is from my seats of the action near the other goal line. It snowed the whole game, though we left after three quarters of the 36-7 debacle.

3 comments:

alexis said...

I thought that was a photo of an ice rink at first! I admire/fear your devotion to the Bears games.

el supremo de nm said...

Seems like cruel and unusual punishment to have to put up with that weather and them be wiped out before halftime.

I like the last picture with shadow outlines of down town.

terri said...

Your blog does NOT suck! You write almost every day. That's more than I can say! "Hey Dad! Chill!"

Can't believe you're willing to sit through a football game in the cold and snow. I'm too much of a wimp for that!