Sunday, December 19, 2010

Long weekend, short post

So much to talk about, but I'm going to keep it short.

Friday night LL and I saw Jerry Seinfeld doing stand-up at The Chicago Theater. Good fun! His show was only about an hour long, but it was good. One thing he talked about that was of more interest to me than humorous, was that he got married at 45 and has three kids who are 10, 7 and 5. I'll be 45 next year when I get married.

On Saturday I wrapped Christmas gifts while LL hung out in the burbs with a good friend of hers. After hitting the gym, where I ran 2.5 miles, we went out with a friend from L.A. who was in town for the holidays.

Sunday was church for both of us, though LL went to Joliet and I went to St. Alphonsus as usual. Afterwards though we headed to Northbrook to go curling. Yes curling!! Pictures to come tomorrow. In short though, it was a lot of fun and I may join the club. Ok, here's one picture:




3 comments:

alexis said...

good lord, curling!! I expect you to become a fan now of the local team so we can follow the updates.

And - OMG - did you really just mention kids??

Anonymous said...

Weren't you married before? Seinfeld got married for the 1st time at 45.

terri said...

I was thinking this morning about the fact that my kids are almost all grown up and I'm done with the part of my life that revolved around young children. And yet, Kacey's boyfriend's mom, who I'm guessing is close in age to me, has a 3 month old child. People are having kids at all ages these days.

Curling looks fun. I'm sensing a new serious hobby is about to become a part of your life!