Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Let there be light??

Most every heard about, or was lucky enough to see, the lunar eclipse last night. The last time it happened on the winter solstice was in the 1600's. That coincidence didn't interest me so much as the lunar eclipse itself. It just seems cool. Unfortunately we had clouds, and snow, so we didn't get to see it here in Chicago.

What we did get to see was the Bears humbling the beaten up Vikings. Brett Favre was ruled out earlier in the week, then questionable on Sunday and finally was named the starter about 2 hours before the game. Crazy! Nobody could remember the last time a player was listed as "out" and then started. Leave it to Favre. A huge sack from rookie Corey Wootten, his first of his career, ended the night for Brett and the hopes of Minnesota.

It was a huge night for me too as I had 10 point lead in my fantasy football league with no players left and my opponent had the Vikings runningback and their defense. Since the Bears scored 40 points, the Vikings defense ended up with -1 points and the runningback got 6 for a total of 5 and a semi-final game win for me!! Championship next week!!!

The new light poles are up on the street! They aren't working yet, but they are up. Here are some pics:



The smaller light pole is the new one. On the corner, the new one is placed right next to the old one.


















Outside my condo, the old one sits on my side of the street and the new one is across the street. The new lights don't work yet, but I'm interested to see how well they light the area.

3 comments:

alexis said...

oodness, I can see why you didn't see anything of the lunar eclipse. Look how gray out it is. Was the same in Amsterdam, alas.

el supremo de nm said...

I was very happy about the Bears win!

terri said...

I'm not sure if the eclipse was visible here. I was baking cookies, then went to bed and completely forgot about it.